Live Online Proctoring – Student Expectations
- The student’s desk must be clear of any papers, folders, books, cell phones, and electronic equipment. Any whiteboards or blackboards must be erased or covered.
- Any second monitors must be disabled and turned facing away from the student.
- Any blue tooth enabled devices must be disabled.
- Any allowed items must be communicated in advance to the proctor and the student must display them during the room scan. (Ex: Notes, calculators, graphing tools, notes, formulas.)
- The student is not allowed to talk or receive assistance from other people during the exam.
- Prior to starting the exam, the student must close out any open applications including web pages, mail, chat or IM programs.
- The student must comply with all proctor instructions for the live online proctored exam.
- If the proctor detects any aberrant behavior (behavior not in line with the code of ethics/integrity policies/Live Online Proctoring Expectations), the proctor will suspend the exam and refer the student back to the institution.